Diabetics Medicine Side Effects ?
• Many people with type 2 diabetes need diabetes drugs to manage their condition.
• Like all medication, there may be side effects.
• A side effect is an unwanted issue that is caused by a medicine.
• Some diabetes medication unfortunately includes common side effects such as nausea or an upset stomach.
• Your doctor will be able to advise you about specific side effects and the best ways possible to avoid them.
• No diabetic patients should suffer under the influence of side effects
• you should contact your doctor immediately if side effects are causing you pain.
• Often in the case of diabetes drugs such as Metformin, side effects will only be temporary.
• Potential side effects of common diabetes drugs*
• Sulfonylureas: low blood sugar, upset stomach, skin rash or itching, weight gain
• Biguanides/Metformin: sickness with alcohol, kidney complications, upset stomach, tiredness or dizziness, metal taste
• Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors: gas, bloating and diarrhoea
• Thiazolidinediones: weight gain, risk of liver disease, anaemia risk, swelling of legs or ankles,
• Meglitinides: weight gain, low blood sugar
• Side effect lists may be incomplete, please check with your doctor for more information about diabetes drug side effects.