For More Details Visit http://cepekmedia.co.nf
When we write a formal letter,
We usually want to request information,
To apply for a job,
Parts of a Formal Letter
Salutation or greeting:
1) Dear Sir or Madam,If you do not know the name of the person you are writing to, use this. It is always advisable to try to find out a name.
2) Dear Mr. Jenkins,If you know the name, use the title (Mr, Mrs, Miss or Ms, Dr, etc.) and the surname only. If you are writing to a woman and do not know if she uses Mrs or Miss, you can use Ms, which is for married and single women.
1) The clear reason for writing
1) Relevant information and questions
1) Request for the fast reply and polite finish
Closing (Ending a letter):
1) Yours faithfullyIf you do not know the name of the person, end the letter this way.
2) Yours sincerelyIf you know the name of the person, end the letter this way.
3) Your signatureSign your name, then print it underneath the signature. If you think the person you are writing to might not know whether you are male or female, put your title in brackets after your name.
Formal Letter Useful Language
1) I am writing in response…
2) I am writing to complain about…
3) I read your advertisement for…
4) I would be grateful for information about…
5) Could you tell me if…?
6) I wish to find out more about…
7) I look forward to receiving a reply.
Adult Education @ http://bit.ly/2KFPK0s
Analytical Chemistry @ http://bit.ly/2Gq24Ok
Applied Physics @ http://bit.ly/2Xh4S64
Engineering Drawing @ http://bit.ly/2IHro43
English @ http://bit.ly/2V8FSk4
Environmental Studies @ http://bit.ly/2UGKlLa
General Medicine @ http://bit.ly/2Gtn8Uh
Mathematics @ http://bit.ly/2UEZVqH
Organic Chemistry @ http://bit.ly/2GkXvTY
Physical Chemistry @ http://bit.ly/2v5EQX5
Soft Skills @ http://bit.ly/2Zf6wa3